What do we do?
We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of our success story and a fantastic employee centric business, part of the Stena Line portfolio.
The business has three pillars.
- Ferries – Established in 2003, Freightlink is one of Europe’s largest, whole of market freight ferry agencies. We have achieved this through a complementary focus of delivering digitalisation and impeccable customer service.
- Freight forwarding – Freightlink Reload provides first class freight forwarding services throughout Europe by integrating with Freightlink’s freight ferry customers we can offer unrivalled access to hauliers throughout Europe.
- Customs - CustomsLink our newest business was created in response to post Brexit border complexities and takes a fresh approach to an old established business by digitalising the processes.
What are we looking for?
Do you have experience in a senior commercial role leading a team? Are you passionate about analysing market trends and dynamics with a solution focused mindset? If the answers is yes, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Commercial Manager who is a persuasive individual, resilient and has a strong business acumen with a determination to succeed.
You will have an abundance of confidence to generate new business and identify markets for expansion.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established multilingual business and challenge yourself as a Head of Team. You’ll be based in our Walton-le-Dale offices with possibility to work from home.
And what will you be doing?
This is a permanent role. The role will cover maternity leave for our Head of Sales for an initial period. Following that you will be involved in the management of commercial activities in the business which will include mergers and acquisitions and commercial strategic projects.
You will analyse and resolve complex issues and produce reports with high attention to detail, as well as presenting and leading meetings regularly.
You will be a natural leader and be pro-active in managing a team and supporting them to succeed.
What do you need to succeed?
We are on the lookout for a results driven, self-motivated, confident and outgoing individual to join our small, lively, multi-lingual and collaborative team.
Ideally, you will have previous commercial experience in a senior role and a desire to further develop your career in commercial operations.
You will be a strong communicator with professional telephone manner and can-do attitude. Your pro-active approach, drive, resilience and focus on targets will be the key to your success.
We could talk all day about our business and still have more to say. So, we’re going to stick with the most important facts. The facts you probably want to know.
Who We Are
We are an exciting blend of people with different experiences, different skills, come from different cultures and have our own input to bring to the table. And although we’re all different, the glue that holds us all together is the simple desire to collectively be the best.
What do you get out of it all?
Our success comes from our people, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring. We place a great emphasis on the knowledge share and your development.
We are not Google. We don’t have a slide or games consoles in the office, but we do offer:
- 35 hour week
- Birthday day off – after 1 years full service
- 6 free Stena Line ferry crossings per year – for you and your immediate family
- Enhanced annual leave – starting after 2 years service
- Employee Assistance Programme ‘Help at Hand’ – supporting you and your family with advice, guidance and counselling on a variety of areas
- Westfield Health Cash Plan – Claim back a proportion of your everyday healthcare and medical expenses Life assurance/ Death in Service - £50k cash lump sum to your loved ones
- Life assurance - £50,000 tax free lump sum to your loved ones through our death in service policy
- Retail discount scheme - access to a wide range of discounts on food and shopping
- Hybrid working –after training period, to ensure you can achieve a healthy work life balance
- Cycle scheme – save money on a new bike or accessories and spread the cost
- Tech scheme – up to 12% off tech and appliances at Currys whilst spreading the cost
- Learning and Development – we offer a range of learning opportunities
- Social events – trips to the pub, family activity days, and more.
- Recognition awards – via Employee of the Quarter
Please only apply if you can reliably commute to the office and complete office based training.
Interested? To apply or request more details please email email@example.com.