SALARY : Competitive salary depending upon experience
Established in 2003 Freightlink Solutions is one of largest freight ferry ticket agencies in Europe, currently covering more than 1000 ferry routes which connect over 50 countries. Integrated into our Ferry solution is Freightlink Reload, a Freight forwarding service. By partnering with our Ferry customers, we have managed to deliver a unique proposition to service our clients.
Over the last 16 years the company has focused on Customer Service, with a particular emphasis on digital excellence and during the last five years we have experienced an unparalleled level of growth. Our ongoing investment in digital platforms means Freightlink always offers market leading technology to make Freightlink the most customer focused freight ferry booking agency in Europe.
The secret of our success has been the continued investment in our people. Our team has doubled over the last four years, boasting a skilled multi-lingual team offering exemplary standards of sales and customer service to their 7000 customers throughout Europe.
As part of our expansion plans, we have developed a Customs Platform, which will allow Freightlink to offer Customs brokerage services to our Ferry and Reload clients initially. We are searching for a Customs Manager to be a part of this growing team at this extremely exciting time.
The successful individual must have at least 5 years proven experience of Customs Clearance, and 12 months management experience, and be ready to take the next step in their career development.
The role will be one of focusing on the technical aspects of our platform, along with building the wider infrastructure. Moving swiftly then role will then start to focus on the client out reaching and supporting our customers to transfer onto our CustomsLink platform.
Duties will include
- Working alongside the Head of Customs to agree and implement business strategy
- Where required attending customs and industry seminars to maintain knowledge and for networking purposes
- Assisting with the development of a digital platform for customs (no coding experience required)
- Support recruitment and team building goals
- Developing and delivering training strategy
- Sales strategy and implementation process
- Customer contact and support
The successful candidate must
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of customs with composite skills to incorporate customs clearance services into the business as required
- Must have knowledge of Customs software e.g. HMRC CHIEF
- Be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft packages and experience of using Customs software packages
- Have an excellent standard of communication both written and verbal
- Show a strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work within a team and independently
- Have a proven standard of excellent work ethic
- Competitive salary depending upon experience
- Bonus scheme (to be agreed)
- 40 hours week, 0800 – 1800 (flexible team rota – to be finalised)
- Staff discounted ferry scheme
- Work from home scheme (TBC)
- Pension with employee and employer contribution
- Regular social events
To apply for this position or for further details, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No recruitment agencies.