EUROPEAN MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000, depending on experience
Location: Preston office / WFH
Can you fully exploit the potential of digital marketing in Europe? Do you have marketing experience within B2B in the EU? Can you actively support and execute digital and traditional marketing strategies for multiple brands? Are you ready for your next challenge? If the answers are yes, then look no further.
We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of our success story and a fantastic employee-centric business, which is part of the Stena Line group of companies.
Freightlink has a rich heritage dating back to 2003 as a logistics supply chain specialist and one of the largest freight ferry ticket agencies in Europe. But that's not all. We even regularly organise travel for blockbuster Hollywood movies and touring recording artists, without name dropping of course!
We also offer market leading ferry booking technology and innovative customs solutions with customer service focus at its core, covering more than 10 European languages.
About the position
We are a B2B business, but we like to think that we do things that a B2C company does. We call it B2B2C. There’s no reason why freight ferry bookings and customs clearance services can’t have the same innovative online experience you have when booking airline tickets or buying gadgets!
This role is paramount to our success as it plays a vital part in educating, supporting, and promoting changes in our industries.
You are an independent, self-starter with proven experience of contributing to digital and traditional marketing strategies for multiple brands within Europe. You can deliver out of the box ideas, as well as effectively managing your time and workload. A native speaker of a European market is a must.
You understand content creation, lead generation, SEO and social media, and can work your magic using Mailchimp or similar email marketing platforms within the relevant non-UK market.
You are no stranger to Google Analytics (with at least intermediate experience) and have experience of working with external agencies on graphics requirements.
And what sets you apart?
Experience of content management systems, email marketing and social media platforms.
You are not afraid to speak up and share innovative ideas with the team. We need a voice that knows what works for European markets.
Your ability to work with multiple stakeholders, build long lasting connections and excellent attention to detail. Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written) will be the key to delivering outstanding results.
What will you do?
You will assist with the execution of marketing strategies (both digital and traditional) for our Freightlink, CustomsLink and Freightlink Reload brands within Europe by
- Conducting market research, identifying themes and trends that impact our customers within non-UK markets
- Creating European customer mailshots for all brands
- Creating, sharing, and managing content for our website blogs and social media accounts across all brands, which is targeted to European markets
- Managing customer review/satisfaction surveys for European Freightlink and CustomsLink brands
- Contributing to design briefs for marketing content (graphics, video, website)
- Creating customer surveys for research and brand content
- Liaising with third party translators and organising the translation of website and marketing content
- Reviewing the success/failure of our marketing campaigns and activities using tools such as Google Analytics in line with our marketing strategy
- Developing and identifying social media accounts for our brands that we don’t currently utilise
The above list is not exhaustive. There are always new projects on the horizon that will challenge your skills and push you to become better at what you do every step of the way.
What will you get out of it all?
Our success comes from our people, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring. We place a great emphasis on sharing knowledge and your own development.
We are not Google. We don’t have slides between office floors or play areas in the office, but we do offer:
- 40 hours per week (WFH/WFO hybrid working with 1 hour for lunch)
- Free annual flu jab available - stay healthy!
- Life insurance – Death in Service (following successful probationary period)
- Employee Assistance Programme - because everyone needs little support now and then (financial, mental, and physical wellbeing)
- Staff discounted ferry ticket scheme - for that relaxing time off - travel and explore
- A range of discounts and deals with our company perks scheme
- Training and personal development and the support of a management team who encourage your success and the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing multilingual organisation
- Support with professional qualifications - to help you achieve your career goals
- Home office working arrangements - all equipment provided (laptop, monitor chair and even a desk if needed) - we need you to be comfortable and healthy so you can be happy and productive
- Cycle to work scheme – should cycling be your thing
- Smart casual dress code – no suits in sight
- Social events - trips to the pub, summer BBQs, hiking trips etc - we enjoy social time together away from our desks
There will be opportunities for ongoing training both online and offline, industry and marketing expo/event visits, port visits etc to ensure that our digital offering is the best in our industry.
Interested? Send us your CV and examples of your social media and email campaigns.