Are you experienced management accountant looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking for a new challenge? Have you got proven experience of working with day-to-day finances of a busy organization, ideally in stand-alone role? Do you want to develop your career further and help others to develop too?
If the answer is yes, then look no further.
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of our success story and a fantastic employee centric business, part of the Stenaline portfolio.
The company has rich heritage dating back to 2003, becoming the specialist in areas of the logistic supply chain and one of the largest freight ferry ticket agencies in Europe offering market leading technology and innovative solutions to customs with customer service focus at its core.
About the position
The successful individual will provide the financial reporting, analytics, monthly management accounts, reconciliations, and insight necessary to support the continued growth of the business, playing an integral part in the overall running of finance function, taking overall management and development responsibility of the finance team.
You are a self-starter with proven experience of working with day-to-day finances of a busy organisation, ideally in stand-alone role with multi business focus (we have 2 companies to service).
Technically strong with a hands-on approach you may be an active studier coming towards the end of your qualifications, be fully qualified or have a proven track record in a similar role.
You can work your magic using Sage50 you have experience of multi-currency accounting, and you are commercially savvy in a fast paced environment.
You have proven track record of a positive impact within growing organisation such as process and procedure review and development, change implementation and strong automation focus. There is always a better way to do things and you can show us how with your solution-based approach and “can do attitude”.
Your ability to work with multiple stakeholders, build long lasting connections and outstanding communication skills will be the key to maintaining strong positive relationship with our Parent Company – Stenaline.
What will you do?
You will hold responsibility for supporting the day to day running of all the financial aspects of 2 companies including payroll (oversight as outsourced), banking and reconciliations, invoicing, ledgers, gross margin reporting, KPI reporting, statutory reporting, audit management and 3rd party liaison. You will have management responsibility for the finance team of 3.
What will you get out of it all?
Our success comes from our people, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring, we place a great emphasis on the knowledge share and your development.
We are not Google, don’t have the slide or console games in the office, but we do offer:
- 40 hours per week (hybrid working)
- 25 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Starting salary from £37,500 – dependent on experience (with regular reviews)
- Life insurance – Death in Service (following successful probationary period)
- Employee Assistance Programme - because everyone needs little support now and then (financial, mental and physical wellbeing)
- Staff discounted ferry ticket scheme - for that relaxing time off - travel and explore
- A range of discounts and deals with our company perks scheme
- Training and personal development, the support of a management team who encourage your success and the opportunity to work in rapidly growing multilingual organisation
- Support with professional qualifications - to help you achieve your career goals
- Home office working arrangements - all equipment provided (laptop, monitor chair and even a desk if needed) - we need you to be comfortable and healthy so you can be happy and productive
- Cycle to work scheme – should the bike be your thing
- Smart casual dress code – no suits in sight
- Social events - trips to the pub, summer BBQs, hiking trips etc - we enjoy social time together away from the desk