Location : Preston
Salary : 22k plus bonus
Freightlink Reload backloads hundreds of UK & European hauliers weekly, with access to thousands of vehicles moving cargo and loads throughout Europe.
Through our closed network of trusted freight hauliers, Freightlink Reload provides dedicated, specific vehicles tailored to your backloading demands.
About the Role
Experienced freight forwarder required to work on the Reload department at Freightlink.
Job role will include
- Working in a team of two, reporting to the Reload Manager
- Taking transport bookings by telephone/e-mail. Primarily road freight but a large proportion of sea freight and occasional airfreight bookings
- Developing customer relationships to explore more possible business opportunities
- Using Freightlink’s IT system to input the shipments, marking transport milestones like collections and deliveries, uploading documentation to the system such as CMRs and bills of lading
- Arranging shipping insurance
- Purchase invoicing and sales invoicing
- Quoting new and existing customers for transports
- Dealing with hauliers/sea freight companies/airfreight companies
- Building relationships with them to get the best service and rates from them.
Minimum of 2 years freight forwarding experience required.
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Social Events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Dress Down Days
- Free Car Parking*
- Child Care Vouchers
- Training Schemes
- 28 Days Annual Leave which includes Bank Holidays
More information is available on our ‘Work for Us’ page.
To apply for this position, email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and covering letter.