Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Are numbers your passion? Are you process and improvement driven? Do you have proven supervisory experience within busy team?
If the answers are yes, then look no further.
We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of our success story and a fantastic employee centric business, part of the Stena Line portfolio.
Our company has a rich heritage dating back to 2003. We are logistic supply chain specialists and are one of the largest freight ferry ticket agencies in Europe. We offer market leading technology and innovative customs clearance solutions with customer service focus at its core. All offered in more than 10 European languages. Our Reviews.io and Google customer reviews speak volumes!
About the position
We are a B2B business, but we like to think that we do things that a B2C company does. We call it B2B2C. There’s no reason why ferry bookings and customs clearance services can’t have the online experience you have when booking holidays and buying tech!
Ferry tickets, BREXIT, customs declarations, hauliers, traders, cargo ... all industry words with daily changes in the supply chain.
This role is pivotal in identifying areas for improvement and implementation of these improvements within finance and the wider team.
You are an independent, self-starter with proven supervisory experience within a busy team. Your extensive hands-on experience in purchase and sales ledger, credit control together with working knowledge of VAT are key to the success of this role.
You are no stranger to MS Excel and possess excellent time and people management skills.
And what sets you apart?
Experience of Sage50, your ability to work with multiple stakeholders, building long lasting connections, excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as efficient communication skills (verbal and written) will be the key to delivering outstanding results.
Initiative is your middle name because it is paramount to your success in this role. You are not afraid to speak up and share innovative ideas with the team.
What will you do?
You will work in tandem with the Financial Controller on streamlining and improving our processes while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data we process.
- Supervision of the workload of two transactional team members
- Overseeing the team to ensure purchase and sales invoices are processed accurately in a timely manner
- Taking overall responsibility for ensuring Aged Debtor and Creditor reports are reconciled regularly and accurately
- Overseeing the Credit Control function, ensuring debts are collected swiftly and any problems escalated where appropriate
- Checking supplier payment runs to ensure accuracy and adherence to agreed payment terms
- Liaising with the Financial Controller to make sure financial controls are implemented and areas for improvement are identified
- Supporting team members in their daily roles and dealing with any escalated supplier/customer queries
- Hands on processing of purchase invoices/credit notes, supplier statement reconciliations etc
- Undertake ad-hoc financial projects as the need arises
The above list is not exhaustive. There is always a new project on the horizon that will challenge your skills and push you to become better at what you do every step of the way.
What will you get out of it all?
Our success comes from our people, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring. We place a great emphasis on the knowledge share and your development.
We are not Google (we don’t have a slide or games consoles in the office) but we do offer:
- 40 hours per week (hybrid working with 1 hour for lunch)
- Starting salary from £25,000 – dependent on experience (with regular reviews)
- Life insurance – Death in Service (following successful probationary period)
- Employee Assistance Programme - because everyone needs little support now and then (financial, mental, and physical wellbeing)
- Staff discounted ferry ticket scheme - for that relaxing time off - travel and explore
- A range of discounts and deals with our company perks scheme
- Training and personal development, the support of a management team who encourage your success and the opportunity to work in rapidly growing multilingual organisation
- Support with professional qualifications - to help you achieve your career goals
- Home office working arrangements - all equipment provided (laptop, monitor chair and even a desk if needed) - we need you to be comfortable and healthy so you can be happy and productive
- Cycle to work scheme – should the bike be your thing
- Smart casual dress code – no suits in sight
- Social events - trips to the pub, summer BBQs, hiking trips etc - we enjoy social time together away from the desk
Interested? Send us your CV.