MEAN Stack Web Developer
Hybrid Working / Fully Remote Available
We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of our success story and a fantastic employee centric business, part of the Stena Line portfolio.
Our company has a rich heritage dating back to 2003. We are logistic supply chain specialists and are one of the largest freight ferry ticket agencies in Europe. We offer market leading technology and innovative customs clearance solutions with customer service focus at its core. All offered in more than 10 European languages. Our customer reviews speak volumes!
We are a B2B business, but we like to think that we do things that a B2C company does. We call it B2B2C. There’s no reason why ferry bookings and customs clearance services can’t have the online experience you have when booking holidays and buying tech!
About the role
At Freightlink, we're going through an exciting time in our development team, working on multiple projects to improve the customer experience on our websites. It's important that we create quality code for our applications. We want a developer who can help us do that using Node.js, Angular2+, Express.js and a mix of MongoDB and MySQL. We want someone who can build scalable, distributable, maintainable and high-performance software.
- To assist building server side microservices in Node.js, and client-side user interfaces in modern Angular.
- To ensure all our code works as designed, by helping build out our extensive test suite.
- To participate in peer code reviews - a great way to produce solid code and learn new things!
- Engage in internal tech talks and other training - got something interesting to teach us? Please share!
- You can take project specification and deliver well thought out software with accompanying test suite.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working on similar projects.
- You can actively contribute and share ideas and find interesting solutions to challenging problems.
- You are not afraid to speak up and positively engage with the team and wider business.
- You are driven, self-motivated and comfortable starting, stopping and configuring throughout the day.
- You must have a good homeworking environment to accommodate working from home.
- You are friendly, open minded and able to work with moderate oversight and take initiative.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Modern Angular
- Mocha (or similar)
Beneficial skills and knowledge
- Linux (basic admin, for example setting up Cronjobs)
- Sass (SCSS)
- Angular Universal
- Drupal 8/9
What we offer
Our success comes from our people, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring. We place a great emphasis on the knowledge share and your development.
We are not Google (we don’t have a slide or games consoles in the office) but we do offer:
- 40 hours per week (with 1 hour for lunch - paid)
- Hybrid working
- Life insurance – Death in Service (following successful probationary period)
- Employee Assistance Programme - because everyone needs little support now and then (financial, mental, and physical wellbeing)
- Staff discounted ferry ticket scheme (6 free ferry crossings per year) - for that relaxing time off - travel and explore
- Birthday day off - so you can celebrate in style
- Free annual flu vaccination – for those murky winter months
- Cycle to work scheme – should cycling be your thing
- Tech scheme discount - should you need new tech in your life
- A range of discounts and deals with our company perks scheme
- Training and personal development,
- Support with professional qualifications - to help you achieve your career goals
- Home office working arrangements - all equipment provided (laptop, monitor chair and even a desk if needed) - we need you to be comfortable and healthy so you can be happy and productive
- Smart casual dress code – no suits in sight
- Social events - trips to the pub, summer BBQs, hiking trips etc