CLdN Cobelfret - Freight Ferry Routes on the North Sea & Beyond
CLdN is a Luxembourg based company, founded in 1928. Formerly known as Cobelfret, they are mainly involved in worldwide bulk shipping, European ro-ro shipping and European door-to-door services.
In the European market, they operate 25 modern ro-ro/lo-lo vessels and utilise an owned fleet of over 3,500 45' HCPW containers and 1,250 trailers providing their door-to-door services.
With offices at the ports of Rotterdam, Zeebrugge, Purfleet and Killingholme their main interests lie in the North Sea.
Ferry routes include
- Ireland - Netherlands
- Sweden - Belgium
- England - Netherlands
- Netherlands - Portugal
- Spain - Belgium
CLdN Cobelfret specialises in shipping unaccompanied trailers, containers and plant machinery. They operate Ro-Ro terminals in Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK and all ports are dedicated to the handling, storage and on-carriage of trailers, containers, vehicles and general cargo.
CLdN have had some new additions to their line-up in the last 12 months, including
- M/F Delphine - a state of the art 235 metre Ro-Ro vessel capable of carrying 8000 lane metres of trailers
- M/F Hermine - a Ro-Ro ship built in South Korea and delivered last week, with a top speed of 19.4kn. Route yet to be announced
- M/F Laureline - 216 metres long and 32 metres wide, operating on the Purfleet - Rotterdam ferry route
- M/F Ysaline - 5000 lane metre ship, operating on the Killingholme - Zeebrugge route
- M/F Sixtine - registered in Valletta, this 50,000 GT is to be delivered later in 2019
CLdN is investing a lot into keeping their fleet up to date, fresh and able to offer a competitive amount of routes. They offer regular sailings to many significant destinations in the North Sea and further afield.
To see how a CLdN ferry route could be an option for your transport requirements to mainland Europe and beyond, contact our expert team.