As you are aware we have been undergoing a test phase period for the space sharing agreement between DFDS & P&O.
We would like to hereby advise you that the testing phase is now fully complete, in operation and available. Please see below schedule.
For your assistance, please find below the conditions of using the Space Sharing agreement.
Applies to driver accompanied freight shipments only (unaccompanied traffic is operated solely by DFDS).
Not available for the shipment of hazardous goods, plug ins or OOG vehicles.
- Applies to the Dover-Calais-Dover service only.
- The Dover-Dunkerque-Dover service continues to be operated solely by DFDS.
- DFDS customers will continue to have the option of the priority lane and the advanced check in on Dunkerque departures
- Freight drivers booking and checking in with DFDS will continue to benefit from a free meal on all Channel services.
- In the event of unforeseen issues on the Calais service only vehicles booked and checked in with DFDS will be eligible for an emergency transfer to Dunkerque.
At DFDS we continuously strive to improve our service to freight customers and with this new space charter agreement you should experience improvements which speed up your journey, reduce congestion and keep trade flowing freely.