Ferry Christmas! Special Menus On Board
With the festive season well and truly upon us, every day is an opportunity to indulge in the foods we love. As far as we’re concerned, working away from home is no excuse not to participate. So, here’s what’s on the Christmas menu for some of Europe’s most loved ferry operators.
On Hull – Rotterdam and Teesport - Rotterdam crossings, P&O Ferries will be offering a festive roast with all the trimmings. A little bit of water never came in the way of pigs in blankets, after all.
Drivers dining on the Dover - Calais route currently have access to the following seasonal menu -
- Christmas turkey served with pigs in blankets, roasted parsnips, carrots, Brussel sprouts, roast potatoes and cranberries. All in a rich turkey gravy
- Panettone bread and butter pudding with custard
All for £7.99.
A Finnish themed Christmas buffet will be available on specific Finnlines routes.
Finnlines offer themed buffet options throughout the year, and they are keeping with tradition during the festive season.
From 19th - 24th December, you will be able to munch your way through a smorgasbord of traditional Finnish cuisine to get you in spirit.
Dishes vary according to vessel.
Stena Line’s Christmas offering is a three-course meal for just €35.
Pork rillette served on toast with rucola, chives and cherry tomato.
Apple syrup glazed Corn fed chicken served with Broccoli and mashed sweet potato.
Christmas pudding with whipped cream and vanilla sauce.
Unfortunately, pre booking is not available, so ensure to reserve your place as soon as you get on board as limited spaces are available!
Polferries will be offering a traditional Polish festive buffet this year.
Meal options include:
- Beetroot soup
- Dumplings with cabbage and mushrooms
- Ribs baked in honey
- Roasted ham with mustard glaze
- Herring in mustard
- Traditional Polish cold cuts
- Venison pate baked with fruits
It’s a great opportunity to extend your Christmas palate if you’ve never tried some of these things before. Or perhaps an opportunity to relive the nostalgia of Christmas tramping jobs if you’re a seasoned veteran.
Just make sure you wash your feast down with some traditional hot Glögg, very similar to Mulled Wine. Remember, please drive responsibly.
Tallink Silja will be offering an extensive Christmas buffet on board almost all of their vessels this year. There’s a mixture of your favourite Christmas classics with a traditional Finnish twist.
If you fancy a traditional roast or you’d prefer to keep it simple (too much turkey already?) there’s something for everyone.
Available from 20th November - 26th December, you have plenty of time to sample everything on the incredibly large and varied menu.
Buffet options include
- Gubbröra - Egg-anchovy hash on rye bread
- Gravlax and mustard sauce
- Naturally cured and sliced Christmas ham
- Smoked reindeer mousse on rye bread and lingonberry sauce
- Porkkala - vegan cold smoked salmon from carrots
- Jansson’s temptation - anchovy and potato casselore
- Turkey breast with creamy Cognac sauce
- Ship’s Christmas sausages
- Finnish Christmas cake
- Swedish soft gingerbread with lingonberry and white chocolate cream
View the fuull Tallink Silja Christmas Buffet menu What do you fancy?