Finnlines Update - Postal Strike, Possible Effects on Traffic
Further to the dispute on the Post collective agreement and the support strikes by the Transport Union and Seafarers' Union among others, Finnlines services have since Thursday 21 November been affected and the regularity of its connections disrupted.
Due to the complexity of the situation an agreement has not yet been reached and thus, in order to mitigate the effect to our customers and other stakeholders, the following arrangement will be put in place.
1. MS Europalink will sail from Travemünde to Helsinki on Tue 26 Nov at 4:00, ETA Wed 27 Nov at 10:00, unloading on arrival
- From Helsinki, the MS Europalink will move to FinnLink / Kapellskar-Naantali service
- Bookings from Helsinki to Kapellskär arranged through our customer service
- Sailing from Helsinki is planned for Wed 27 at 14:00, ETA Kapellskär at 23:00
2. MS Europalink will be deployed on Kapellskär-Naantali service starting from Wed 27 Nov
- the vessel will perform one departure from each port per day, schedule will be communicated by FinnLink
3. MS Finnwave from Travemunde to Uusikaupunki, ETS on Wed 27 Nov at 23:00, ETA Uusikaupunki on Fri 29 Nov at 12:00; unloading only possible on Mon 2 Dec due to stevedore's supporting actions
4. MS Finnmaster from Hull, ETA Helsinki Wed 27 Nov at 09:30, unloading on arrival.
- loading from Helsinki to Hull subject to the strike situation. If nothing changes, the vessel remains in Helsinki
5. MS Finnsky departure from Kotka to Travemunde on Wed 27 Nov cancelled unless the strike ends
- Departure from Travemunde to Helsinki is unchanged: ETS Travemünde Sat 30 Nov at 21:00, ETA Helsinki on Mon 2 Dec at 06:45
6. MS Finnsun departure from Kotka to UK/BE/ESP on Fri 29 Nov cancelled unless the strike is over
These provisional schedules apply if the strike is not ended. When the strike is over new schedules will be announced.