It's been five years since we first put together our driver tramping kit list and things have moved on a bit since then. There's a few more things that we at Freightlink and the trucking community (thanks, Facebook) think you now need for a comfortable, hassle free journey.
Apart from all wanting a cab like the photo above, in no particular order, here are 15 things drivers should have in their truck cab (or van glove box) when tramping across Europe. Here are the most popular items...
1. Customs Declaration and Border Port entry paperwork - we can help you with this one
3. Toilet roll
4. Clean clothes
5. Wet wipes
6. Tea, coffee, sugar & an electric kettle
7. Food - easy cook rice, noodles, tins of soup etc
8. Rubbish bin/bags
9. Wash bag
10. Phone & charger
11. Ear plugs
12. Satellite navigation & paper maps (as a backup)
13. CPC & tacho cards - with the introduction of the EU Mobility Package, some of the requirements have changed
14. Pens & notebook
16. First aid kit
17. Gaffer tape
18. Wallet, money & credit/debit cards
Other suggestions included milk, a pan, cable ties, multi-tool, CB radio, air duster, fridge, inverter, microwave, dash cam, Mifi dongle, cheese(!), sunglasses, guitar, washing powder, lightboard, flask, flip flops, fire extinguisher, torch, books, wire, wine (red or white!) and bedding.