Luxury truck cab

18 Must Have Things to Have in Your Truck Tramping Kit 2022

It's been five years since we first put together our driver tramping kit list and things have moved on a bit since then. There's a few more things that we at Freightlink and the trucking community (thanks, Facebook) think you now need for a comfortable, hassle free journey.

Apart from all wanting a cab like the photo above, in no particular order, here are 15 things drivers should have in their truck cab (or van glove box) when tramping across Europe. Here are the most popular items...

1. Customs Declaration and Border Port entry paperwork - we can help you with this one

2. Passport - some of the rules are passports and ID cards changed recently

3. Toilet rollwash bag

4. Clean clothes

5. Wet wipes

6. Tea, coffee, sugar & an electric kettle

7. Food - easy cook rice, noodles, tins of soup etc

8. Rubbish bin/bags

9. Wash bag

10. Phone & charger

11. Ear plugs

12. Satellite navigation & paper maps (as a backup)

13. CPC & tacho cards - with the introduction of the EU Mobility Package, some of the requirements have changed

14. Pens & notebook

15. Glovescpc card

16. First aid kit

17. Gaffer tape

18. Wallet, money & credit/debit cards

Other suggestions included milk, a pan, cable ties, multi-tool, CB radio, air duster, fridge, inverter, microwave, dash cam, Mifi dongle, cheese(!), sunglasses, guitar, washing powder, lightboard, flask, flip flops, fire extinguisher, torch, books, wire, wine (red or white!) and bedding.

Do you need to book a ferry/tunnel and arrange customs paperwork for your next job? Book your travel online and arrange your customs clearance with CustomsLink.

15 March 2022

Search and Book

Wed, 29 Nov 2023
Thu, 30 Nov 2023
Need help?