In order to help you plan your traffic movements accordingly, we remind you that works will take place overnight in the Tunnel resulting in a service suspension on Wednesday 23rd June as follows:
- Last Freight shuttle departure from Calais: 01:24
- Last Freight shuttle departure from Folkestone: 01:11
- First Freight shuttle departure from Calais: 06:44
- First Freight shuttle departure from Folkestone: 06:23
*all times are in CET.
As part of our ongoing commitment to innovate, Getlink launched a project in 2018 to build a 1GW electrical interconnector through the Channel Tunnel to provide a transmission link between the UK and France.
ElecLink will make a valuable contribution to the security of energy supply in both the UK and France and will be instrumental in helping both countries achieve their stated ambitions to decarbonise energy supply.
In order to minimise disruption for our customers, the rigorous works on the cable pull were completed during scheduled maintenance nights. We are pleased to confirm that the important milestone of installing all 50 kilometres of the ElecLink Tunnel cable system was achieved this week, thus completing this phase.
As a final stage, connection tests between the converter stations and the high voltage national networks need to be carried out and will require an extended single line operation.
Planned Maintenance Schedule
We would therefore like to inform you that these works are planned from Friday 18th June until Sunday 27th June inclusive, resulting in :
- a 61 hour limited timetable between Friday 18th June 19:30 CET until Monday 21st June 08:30 CET including daytime
- a 4h30 suspension of service during the night between Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd June
- a reduced timetable ONLY OVERNIGHT from Monday 21st June to Sunday 27th June
We will publish the timetable as soon as it is available. To help minimise any impact on your trucks and drivers, we will run additional departures whenever possible.