Eurotunnel Safety Instructions for Drivers
25 November 2016
Safety is Eurotunnel's top priority. It is therefore very important that the following safety rules are respected at all time when driving on the terminals and boarding Freight shuttles:
- All passengers must be declared - no charges are incurred for additional passengers. Failure to declare all passengers is a breach of conditions and you may be refused travel.
- Please note that for safety reasons, drivers and/or passengers with reduced mobility cannot be accommodated on Eurotunnel Freight shuttles.
- No smoking.
- The speed limit is 6 mph/10 km/h on the Freight shuttle.
- Keep cab curtains open at all times.
- Lower and secure your aerials.
- The tarpaulin must always be correctly attached to the trailer and in good condition.
- Turn off all electrical equipment in your cab after loading.
- Do not stay in your vehicle. Turn your cab heater and refrigerator off.
- Ensure your fuel cap is on.
- Only children aged 12 years and over are authorised to travel on our freight shuttles.
- No livestock, animals or domestic pets are accepted for carriage on the Freight shuttles.
- All access points into the tankers must be fully secured.