P&O Ferries Update : New Calais - Tilbury Freight Ferry Service UPDATED
Further to our recent announcement of the launch of our new Calais Tilbury freight service, we are pleased to confirm that the first sailing will be ex Calais Monday 23 September at 2230 hours.
P&O Ferries is pleased to announce the launch of a new Calais - Tilbury - Calais daily service operating from end September 2019. This is in response to customer demand for an improved unaccompanied product connecting cargo flows from Calais and Continental rail connections with a location close to London, and therefore supports both your traffic flows and safeguarding your customers’ supply chains with improved BREXIT options.
The service will provide space for 12 self-drive tractor-trailers and 90 unaccompanied trailers or containers per sailing. The ship is planned to arrive in Tilbury daily at 0430 hours enabling your driver to be on the M25 before 0600 hours.
- A new direct route to and from Tilbury gives you quick and direct access to the M25 London markets, the South of England and also all the Regional Distribution centres north of London / along the M1 corridor up to Birmingham.
- This route saves up to 75 miles / 125 km each way versus the traditional Dover-Calais crossing.
- Not only will you save fuel, but also save on drivers hours, and wear and tear on your vehicles and trailers.
- Fast discharge of vessels means units available in Tilbury 0600 hours or before, placing your drivers on the M25 beating the rush hour.
- Allocated space for regular round trip shippers guarantees availability to support your contracts.
- Fast turnaround of units gate to gate on all our terminals.