UPDATE 12/06/2020 16.13
We are pleased to inform you that we again are able to accept bookings of accompanied units and passengers on our Gothenburg-Gent and Gothenburg-Zeebrugge routes as of Monday June 15, 2020. At this time we are only able to accept passengers from Schengen Countries within EU travelling with in own vehicle – including motorcycles. We are unfortunately not able to handle foot passengers or passengers on bicycles currently.
Furthermore, please note we are not yet able to accept bookings on our Brevik-Gent route.
To ensure that we reduce the risk of contamination between individuals, we have implemented the following procedures for drivers travelling with our vessels:
- DFDS will issue a pre-travel health declaration that must be completed prior to the driver/passenger arriving to the terminal which you can find via this link. Should any of the questions receive a positive answer then we will unfortunately have to refuse travel with DFDS.
- All passport information will need to be sent to DFDS in advance of the driver arriving to the terminal – preferably with a scanned copy of the passport. We will then send the e-tickets to you, the customer, and the relevant vessel in advance of boarding.
- Drivers and passengers will need to stay in their cabins for the duration of the journey except for mealtimes, which will be specified to the drivers once on board the vessel. All meals will be served in portions, there will be no buffet type meals on board during this period.
- We respectfully request that all drivers and passengers follow the direct instructions from the terminal staff and crew on board.
We appreciate that these measures may lead to some inconvenience however they are in place to protect both DFDS staff and those individuals travelling with us.
These precautions will be in place until further notice and we will keep you informed of any changes to the situation.
UPDATE 28/04/2020 11.48
We are pleased to inform you about the enhanced DFDS ferry traffic between Estonia and Finland. Starting from 04/05/20 with two routes Paldiski - Hanko and Muuga - Vuosaari there will be 30 departures per week altogether between Estonia and Finland, providing the following advantages:
- Avoid city traffic with easy access to the terminals
- With eastern or western route have access to main industrial areas in Finland
- Unlimited parking conditions in Paldiski, Hanko, Muuga and Vuosaari
- Cabin with bed & shower, sauna and meal included for all drivers
- 5 overnight sailings per week from Muuga (7.5h)
- Cargo types Paldiski - Hanko: driver accompanied or unaccompanied trucks, vans, cars, mobile machinery, semi-trailers, break bulk cargo and containers on line's roll trailers
- Cargo types Muuga - Vuosaari: driver accompanied trucks, vans, cars, mobile machinery
- Possibility to ship dangerous goods on almost all departures under simplified conditions (due to special provisions of Memorandum of Understanding for the Transport of Packaged Dangerous Goods on Ro-Ro Ships in the Baltic Sea)
UPDATE 02/04/2020 12.05
Klaipeda – Copenhagen
During this COVID virus we are not accepting drivers on board. Unless your cargo is live stock or IMO.
UPDATE 25/03/2020 08.56
PALDISKI - KAPELLSKÄR / PALDISKI - HANKO
In order to minimize any health risk to our crew and passengers on board our ships and in our terminals, as control and prevention measure we kindly ask all freight drivers to fill out cargo + health declaration. This declaration can be filled out upon arrival during check-in or printed out / filled out in advance using following links - cargo + health declaration EN
Filling out declaration in advance can save driver's time and help to avoid larger gatherings at the terminal as protective measure.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and collaboration.
Following the introduction of new Danish and Norwegian government measures and restrictions intended to delay the spread of COVID-19 virus, we regret to inform you that we will temporarily suspend sailings on our Copenhagen-Oslo route.
We fully understand the governments’ precautions have important health goals, and as our priority is to ensure the safety and health of our customers and crew, we have taken this difficult decision.
The last departure from Copenhagen will be Saturday 14 March. The last departure from Oslo will be Sunday 15 March. The suspension will be until 1 April at the earliest.
If you have an existing booking, your booking will automatically be cancelled and any prepaid fees refunded. There is no need to telephone DFDS.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to welcoming your clients on board again as soon as possible.