Please be advised that we are pleased to offer the shipment of hazardous goods on our unaccompanied service via Sheerness <> Calais Ports.
Please note the following points:
- We can accept some stowage D&E
- In accordance with Medway General Directions and Dangerous Goods in Harbour Areas Regulations 2016 (DGHAR) anyone bringing dangerous goods (goods or cargos, whether packaged or in bulk, which meet the criteria in the IMDG Code for classification as dangerous goods) into a harbour area must pre-notify harbour authority at least 24 hours before entering the harbour.
Therefore, the shipment of hazardous goods must be pre-advised at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to pre advise within the required 24hrs will result in the refusal of shipment.
Trailers loaded with hazardous goods are NOT permitted to be left standing for over 12 hours on either terminal.
As a valued user of our Eastern Channel unaccompanied service on the Dover<>Calais and Dover<>Dunkerque routes we wanted you to be one of the first to hear the specific details about our new dedicated unaccompanied service from Calais <> Sheerness.
This new service will commence on Monday 12th July and will be initially starting with one daily crossing in each direction, seven days a week.
The new route is a result of customer feedback received during our regular customer surveys and we believe that you will be very impressed with the benefits this new service has to offer.
- The service is for dedicated DFDS unaccompanied traffic.
- Capacity will be 165 unaccompanied freight units per sailing.
- Sheerness offers an accessible and congestion free port (24-hour access 7 days a week)
- Sheerness has excellent road links to London and easy access to the M25 ring.
- No Port charges in either port and no standage charges for the first 48 hours.
- Free plug-ins.
- The schedule has been designed after consultation with transport companies as well as being aligned with the rail services in Calais.
Sailing schedule (local times stated)
Depart Calais - 23.59
Arrive Sheerness - 04.00
Depart Sheerness - 11.00
Arrive Calais - 17.00
Naturally with effect from 12th July the existing unaccompanied services to and from Dover will cease and we trust that you will benefit by using our new dedicated unaccompanied service between Calais and Sheerness where we can reliably cater for your needs and minimise unnecessary waiting time and associated charges.
We are excited to introduce the newest addition to our route network: a dedicated daily unaccompanied freight route between the ports of Calais and Sheerness.
Easy access to the UK and Central Europe
This new initiative provides an addition to the existing driver accompanied routes between Dover and France, featuring a dedicated vessel with capacity for 165 unaccompanied units per sailing. Both ports provide 24-hour access, with Sheerness offering easy accessibility to a congestion free terminal and no standage fees for the first 48 hours. Sheerness is conveniently located beside the M25 ring offering an efficient gateway to greater London and the Midlands. The sailing schedule also supports existing rail connections from Italy, Spain and Southern France into Calais.
The service will commence 12th July 2021 with a departure from Calais at 23:59 hrs and then a departure from Sheerness at 11:00 hrs, 7 days a week.