With the number of global cases of the COVID-19 virus once again on the increase, DFDS would like to take the opportunity to remind our customers of the measures we already have in place whilst providing an update on additional measures that we need to introduce.
- We will now introduce the requirement for face coverings for anyone reporting to DFDS facilities with effect from Monday 19th October 2020. These measures include any driver delivering cargo to terminals, collecting from warehouses and when interacting with DFDS personnel including at gatehouses and freight desks. Any person who does not have a face covering from afore mentioned date will be refused access, to ensure we avoid unnecessary health risks to our operation.
- We will continue with the requirement for all completed dangerous goods notes to be sent in advance via email. They will need to be fully completed as per IMDG regulations including 2 signatures where required.
- DFDS is still unable to accept paperwork for distribution via ships mail.
- All passport information will still need to be sent to DFDS in advance of the driver arriving to the terminal – preferably with a scanned copy of the passport. We will then send the e-tickets to you, the customer, and the relevant vessel in advance of boarding.
- We respectfully request that all drivers follow the direct instructions from the terminal staff and crew on board.
We appreciate that these measures may lead to some inconvenience however they are in place to protect both DFDS staff, and our customers.
These precautions will be in place until further notice and we will keep you informed of any changes to the situation.
DFDS appreciates your cooperation during this time.