We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the FREE OF CHARGE advance check-in facility which is available to our freight customers in the Port of Dunkerque.
This is facility is only available for DFDS freight customers who are shipping from Dunkerque to Dover.
Drivers will have the option to check-in up to a maximum of 12 hours in advance of their chosen departure time, which will provide them with the option to take advantage of the secure parking area whilst having a rest period before sailing on their allocated departure.
Once drivers have checked in to the advance parking area the following terms apply:
- Advance check-in with secure parking must be requested at the time of check-in.
- Shipment will be allocated to a time specific departure at check-in and cannot be amended.
- Drivers/vehicles are not be permitted to exit the port once they have been allocated a secure parking lane.
- The secure parking area cannot be used for vehicle repairs/maintenance.
- The secure parking area is strictly an alcohol-free zone.
- Only persons checked in for shipment will be permitted in the secure parking area (no visitors allowed)
- Drivers will have full use of the port terminal facilities i.e. WC/Showers/refreshment area.
- DFDS do not accept liability for missed departures, it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure they follow the correct process as instructed at the time of check-in.
- Advance parking spaces are restricted and will be offered subject to availability and cannot be booked in advance
- Advance check-in is NOT available for vehicles loaded with hazardous goods