EU-UK Customs Formalities 2022 - GMR Checklist
To assist you in avoiding delays and if you’re moving goods through border locations that use GVMS, please check and be aware of the following regarding GMRs -
- If a GMR is not made available at the time of check-in (including if empty), the vehicle WILL NOT be shipped
- When submitting the request for a GMR for driver accompanied vehicles, the EXACT vehicle registration number or tractor number MUST be used, NOT the trailer number
- For Unaccompanied vehicles, the trailer number MUST be used
- Make sure code RRS01 is added to BOX 44 on your import/export declarations at GVMS locations, otherwise your GVMS submission will fail
- Do NOT add EU export Movement Reference Numbers (MRN) numbers into the GMR
- Only one GMR number can be assigned per unit. If any more than one is presented it will cause delays at the port of departure
WRONG INFO = NO SHIPMENT!
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
DOWNLOAD OUR UK CUSTOMS FORMALITIES 2022 GUIDE MAP
12 January 2022