You may be aware that we have recently been the target for stowaways, around our Malta (Valletta port) and the situation is accelerating.
We would greatly appreciate your assistance in trying to ensure that no prospective stowaways get into the facility by hiding in your vehicle.
Commonly known places for stowaways, are underneath the vehicle, or on the top of the vehicle.
Can we please request that : -
- If your vehicle is to be left unattended on roads, outside the port area, then all doors must be securely locked.
- If your vehicle is to be left unattended on roads, outside the port area, please try to park in a well-lit area, or close enough to be able to monitor it.
- When returning to your vehicle please check all locks/padlocks/seals are intact.
- If you have any external compartments on the vehicle check these are intact also.
- If you suspect someone is hiding in your vehicle, move some distance away and call the Police.
- Do NOT enter the facility with a possible stowaway hiding on or in your vehicle.