Bay Gateway Officially Opened by Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire
The Heysham Bay Gateway is now officially open. On the 2nd March, the Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire unveiled a commemorative plaque at the beginning of the road. You can read more about the official opening on the Lancashire County Council website.
Let's have a look at five benefits the new link road will provide -
- No more long, congested journeys through Lancaster. 15 minutes from the M6 to the Port of Heysham for Irish Sea ferry crossings to Dublin, Warrenpoint and Belfast.
- A 600 space park and ride site. Boosting the local economy and improving access to Lancaster city centre.
- Better air quality. Pollution in Lancaster and Carnforth will be massively reduced.
- Regeneration for the whole area. Thousands of new local job opportunities.
- Major investment for Heysham Port. The new link road has helped with the planned £10m expansion of the Port of Heysham in 2017, including a new link-span bridge for larger RoRo vessels, new pontoon & port entrance.
Take advantage of the new Bay Gateway and book your freight ferry trip from Heysham to Ireland & the Isle of Man.