UPDATE 08/04/2022 16.13
We have been advised by HMRC that the GVMS system is now fully operational.
To support the situation HMRC have agreed that the current continuity plans relating to the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) will remain in place until at least Midday Monday 11th April.
To avoid any delays we strongly recommend that you commence with requesting your GMRS as soon as possible.
UPDATE 07/04/2022 14.01
Unfortunately, the issues with the UK GVMS customs system is ongoing.
The current continuity plans relating to the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) will remain in place until at least midday Monday 11th April.
We continue to accept other means of proof at check-in (if the driver is unable to produce a GMR)
- Transit Accompanying Document (TAD) (If driver is unable to create a TAD, then photocopies or digital copies of copy 4 of the SAD should be carried)
- Movement Reference Number (MRN)
- Entry Reference Number (ERN)
- Declaration Unique Consignment Reference (DUCR)
- Postal Operators moving goods between GB and the EU will not be able to provide MRNs so alternative documentation can be accepted. Similarly, confirmation that consignments which qualify for the waiver that applies to parcels moving from GB into NI can also be accepted
For Empty Shipments
We have been advised by HMRC that a GB EORI numbers is required to to support the shipments.
Wherever possible, could you please provide your drivers with the details as requested.
Onboard the Vessels
Customer are unable to create a GMR so many/all of the drivers customs status will not update from Orange to Green on the screens when sailing to the UK.
UK – FRANCE Customs Screens = This is showing the French customs status –this is working fine, statuses should be updating as normal.
FRANCE – UK Customs Screens = This is showing the UK customs status - Many/All drivers statuses will show as orange
When Arriving at Dover drivers do not need to attend an Inland Border Facility (IBF) unless you are instructed to by a customs officer, or if they are moving goods that are:
Moving goods that are going to an office of departure or office of destination (starting or ending a transit movement)
Using a carnet or other document (such as a CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of wild fauna and flora) permit) that needs to be processed by Border Force.
Note: We have no visibility of their customs status so can not comment if they require an inspection or not.