UK HGV Road User Levy UPDATE
The latest updates from the DoT in regards to the UK HGV Road User Levy.
- 95% of foreign HGV drivers that are checked in the UK have paid the levy.
- This financial year, 5,267,687 levies have been sold with more drivers buying monthly levies than daily levies.
- The top 5 countries buying levis in 2016 are Poland, Romania, Spain, Ireland and Hungary.
- From the 1st December, the credit card surcharge has increased from 1.9% to 2.1%. This is due to an increase in credit card processing fees.
- The Metropolitan Police are now using the Enforcement Portal alongside the DVSA and DVA for vehicle levy checks and non-compliant HGVs.
For more information on the HGV Road User Levy, check out our HGV Road User Levy guide.
Thanks to Northgate Public Services for the update.
02 December 2016