DFDS Update - Fast/Priority Lane Services at Dover, Dunkerque & Calais
To minimise potential waiting times, we would like to remind you of the additional services we are offering at the Ports of Calais, Dover and Dunkerque.
This is available at all three ports (Calais, Dover and Dunkerque), from check-in. During busy periods a limited amount of vessel space will be available to freight customers who are willing to pay an additional fee to depart on a vessel that would otherwise be full, thus reducing waiting times. This is available on a first come first served basis.
This provides our customers with an option to avoid the long queues approaching the Port of Dunkerque, to gain faster access to the check-in booths and to be checked in for the next available departure. A very limited amount of vessel space will be available for this service.
Conditions of Use
To ensure your drivers can utilise this facility as effectively as possible, please see below the conditions of use:
- Fast lane is ONLY available from the Port of Dunkerque.
- If your driver gains access to the check-in booth in Dunkerque via the Fast lane entrance, a charge will be applied for this facility
- Neither Priority Lane nor Fast Lane is priority loading. This facility provides an ‘earlier sailing’ option only. We cannot guarantee that your driver will be first on, or first off, the vessel.
- The Priority/Fast Lane space on the vessel will be issued on a first come first served basis, subject to availability.
- When opting for the Priority/Fast Lane, your drivers must park in the allocated lanes provided and in a timely manner.
UPDATE - More information on the additional services available on our DFDS DOVER | CALAIS | DUNKERQUE : Priority Lane, Fast Lane & Advance Check-In Services page.