DFDS Update - Free of Charge Advance Check-In Facility at Port of Dunkerque
This facility is only available for DFDS Freight customers who are shipping from Dunkerque to Dover. Drivers will have the option to check-in up to a maximum of 12 hours in advance of their chosen departure time, which will provide them with the option to take advantage of the secure parking area whilst having a rest period before sailing on their allocated departure.
Once drivers have checked in to the advanced parking area, the following terms apply:
- Advance check-in with secure parking must be requested at the time of check-in
- Shipment will be allocated to a time specific departure at check-in and cannot be amended
- Drivers/vehicles are not permitted to exit the port once they have been allocated a secure parking lane.
- The secure parking area cannot be used for vehicle repairs/maintenance.
- The secure parking area is strictly an alcohol-free zone.
- Only persons checked in for shipment will be permitetd in the secure parking area (no visitors allowed)
- Drivers will have full use of the port terminal facilities i.e WC/Showers/refreshment area
- DFDS do not accept liability for missed departures, it is the driver's responsibility to ensure they follow the correct process as instructed at the time of check-in.
Advance parking spaces are restricted and will be offered subject to availability and cannot be booked in advance, advance check-in is not available for vehicles loaded with hazardous goods.